Here at Electric Chateau, we take privacy seriously. If you’re already a BuzzOff user, then you’re probably already well aware of the pitfalls of smart speakers.
But if you’re NOT aware of the pitfalls, there is no need to hunt all over the internet to find them. We’ve amassed a small library of cautionary tales that range from funny to chilling.
We always have our [digital] ear to the ground for more stories, so setup a google alert for this page to get the latest stories as we find them.
- Wired: Meet the star witness: Your smart speaker
- USA Today: Alexa, Google could be listening to you.
- The Washington Post: Alexa has so many recordings of me, I made a song out of them.
- Bloomberg: Locked-down lawyers warned: Alexa is hearing confidential calls.
- The Guardian: How do you stop your smart home from spying on you?
- The Telegraph: Ex-Amazon Manager switches off Alexa when he wants a private moment
- Fark: Alexa, Do I have to unplug you so I don’t violate Attorney-Client privilege when I work from home?
- VentureBeat: Privacy problems are widespread for Alexa and Google Assistant voice
- TechXplore: Hey Alexa, who else is listening right now?
- InfoSec Institute: Keeping Alexa out of the boardroom (and the bedroom office)
- ExportSolutions: Alexa, are you a U.S. Person?
- Digital Trends: Avoid saying these words near your smart speaker
- Yahoo! Money: Employees urged to turn off Alexa-style devices while working from home
- The independent: Parrot tries to order strawberries and watermelon from Amazon’s Alexa
- Hacking Alexa with a laser
- NBC News:Alexa privacy fail highlights risks of smart speakers
- Daily mail: Privacy expert reveals why she keeps Alexa downstairs
- Inverse.com: The dark side of Alexa
- Bloomberg.com: Silicon Valley is listening to your most intimate moments